SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

schixofrenic vs pph_han

pph_han

schixofrenic vs pph_han Empty schixofrenic vs pph_han

Post  pph_han Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:12 am

Opponent = schixofrenic
    5-2 pph_han

First off, I really enjoy playing against your Chun. The pressure you apply when you want to is so troublesome to me. Good games!

You have a good block string after your opponent blocks a FB. I would recommend developing a couple more to mix things up see if you can get one that ends with an overhead or a really short string that seems like it's not supposed to be over. The really short block string seems cool because I got used to your block string and started psychic tiger uppercutting and I would connect.

Keep that pressure on Sagats. There might be some out there that really don't mind it but you can certainly get more wins against me with more pressure.

You have a very solid primary game plan. I would suggest that you create some secondary options so that it is more difficult for your opponent to successfully react to you.

Match 1 – schix
    Such pressure! Wow, this is a really new Chun from the one I played in casuals. Your normals are rocking me all over the place. I didn’t even have a chance to think. That was just really solid pressure. You kept it going with cross-ups, overhead hits, I dunno even know what else hit me.

Match 2 – pph
    I was able to keep somewhat away from me. I got you to jump a few times which gave me time to defend and position myself to be more comfortable when dealing with your normals if you did close the distance. You seem to be missing the dash when you try to FADC tiger shots. I would recommend either really getting this down well or just blocking because it hurts Chun a lot if I can get in 2 tiger shot hits.

Match 3 – pph
    You need to find an answer to FB zoning that you are comfortable with. Jumping at shotos is almost out of the question with Chun because of the height she gets. Spend some time learning your opponent’s tendencies. For instance, I really like throwing another tiger shot if you empty jump towards me. This would be a great time to get in that overhead flip kick thing. You made a good last minute push on me in the 1st round. I like how you mixed in the cross up even though it wasn’t from a wakeup situation.

Match 4 – schix
    (I think my fiancée is bad luck)
    Yes! You caught me with the ultra on wakeup! Ok, so I thought there was good enough spacing for me to escape. I am happy you did this though!

Match 5 – pph
    Your pressure is getting more consistent. You are starting to make me feel pressured even when you do not have me in knocked down. I think you should throw more FBs because it’s hard to throw a FB if you are following behind your FB.

Match 6 – pph
    Wow!! That was a really good match. Your normals are so much better than Gat’s. Every poke you throw out that I try to punish ends up with me taking damage. Chun’s sweep comes out faster than tiger knee?? OMG! You go for the crossup into ex kicks often but you’ve seen that I have a hard time teching throws after the crossup so I would recommend sticking with that at least when we play.

Match 7 – pph
    Oh man!!! I wanted you to connect that ultra so badly!!! Oh I’m so sorry! That was a great setup! I was not expecting you to go from one cross up kick right into another and you totally made me pay for that. It could be the misfortune of playing online because I know I saw tiger shots that you meant to block but lag just got in the way.
    schixofrenic

schixofrenic vs pph_han Empty Re: schixofrenic vs pph_han

Post  schixofrenic Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:35 am

I enjoyed our matches! I remember the last ones so I knew I had to apply pressure to have a chance!

Your assessment of my play is right on about my one (lol) block string. I know more, but I tend to stick with the one cause it's so easy but as you saw, and I know, you get used to it and can counter it. I need to mix it up in that department and in my general play. For Chun's I need to not be predictable and I've definitely gotten better since these tourneys but still more improvement on my part.

R1
    I came on strong because I remembered from our last games if I gave you space to zone me with TS,I would have little chance. I kept you within distance of my standing hp and hk and swept you with d.hk. Also I'd follow up nuetral jump with a hazanshu on landing to get you afer more TS and it'd get me in close to you again.

R2
    Ah! You kept me at bay and remembered my hazanshu's! This round I expected you to keep your distance from me. (I secretly hoped not so I could get in close easier!) Making it that much harder for me to get in and you didn't disappoint!

R3
    I did everything horrible here! You got me good!

R4
    I'm used to being TS or any projectile on wakeup. Especially if the chip damage will kill me so I'm prepared to Ultra and it got you! I think you thought that if I did you were still far enough that it wouldn't get you but Sagats arms reach far when the TS comes out it; extending your hit box. I also got you this round with my target combo from overhead. Hit's twice and you'd only block the first hit so I could get a few combos in. This applys to FA too. Also her kintekishu (kinda looks like Ken's forward step kick) can knock you out of FA if you don't release it after the first hit since it leads to her tenkukyaku (kick that launches you into the air). It has pretty good reach too. This can lead to all sorts of damage I can inflict on you. When you were in the corner I did it and then ex sbk you the way down. I could ultra from it too if your in the corner as well so don't let Chun's do this to you. If I whiff it and the second hit connects on block, it's a free pass on your part to put some hurt in since it recovers slow.

R5
    I messed up my df hk in this round and you punished me for it! In this round you are also teching my throw attempts better as well. You also start to tiger knee a lot so I started to neutral jump to catch you on recover and punish. You had a great FAC TU to throw. I've been catching them but this round I completely missed it. You should aslo mix it up more with FADC into tiger knee or some other shenanigans so I really have to guess at what you will do.

R6
    Ah! I'm all tiger knee'd out. LOL! I was so mad I missed that ultra and I paid for it!

Overall you have a great game plan. I feel though that your Sagat is much more defensive than others I have encountered. You can really put pressure on Chun Li since her AA options are not so hot besides ex SBK. Get me with those cross ups, my personal weakness I'm working on, but if you can do it, then there's mad damage for you.
    When I do jump at you I noticed you tended to only TU me which is great, but I know you can high step kick to heavy kick me and ts. (not sure if I described the right attacks but basically kick, kick, to ts.) Not sure if this can lead into ultra or not but I know it does major damage to Chun Li players. (her low life sucks against your high damage)

Always fun to play you! I hope you have a memorable bachelor party. (if the stripper has an adam's apple watch out! unless of course your into that. :p)

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:23 am