SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

3 posters

x_rock_lee vs pph_han

pph_han

x_rock_lee vs pph_han Empty x_rock_lee vs pph_han

Post  pph_han Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:14 am

5-1 pph_han

Pros: Able to apply good pressure at appropriate times. Great at being patient while applying pressure.

Cons: Moments that seemed more like hesitation rather than patience. Take advantage of opportunities to deal large damage.

Summary:
    Match 1 han
    You let me zone you pretty well in the first round. I am not sure how you should accomplish this but
    you should try to get in close so you can use normals. I am not sure but I have a strong feeling that
    Fei's normals are better than Sagat's. You got in close late in the 2nd round when I was just looking
    for chip damage. You managed to erase about 50% of my health by staying close. Back dash is one
    way of getting out of a tiger knee spam setup. You did really good catching me with the flame kick
    when I spammed tiger knees.

Match 2 lee
    Good pressure. Watch for the tiger uppercut FADC's. Yeah...those normals. You totally had me that 3rd round.
    Nice setup for super! I totally dashed the wrong way when I caught you when I dash canceled, failure on my
    part.

Match 3 han
    You should incorporate either a sense of throw teching or using option-select to avoid throw situations.
    I noticed I caught you in throws that I expected to be tech-ed. When things get a little heated your
    pressure makes it so much more difficult for me. I hope you begin to play with that kind of aggression
    the whole round. You always seem to catch me with ex-chicken wing then throw. You may panic when you
    realize you are in a tiger knee spam trap. I know it chips away but I think it takes like 10 chips
    to equal getting hit by tiger knee once so be patient and think of a good counter.

Match 4 han
    Flame kick on wakeup...pretty risky. Well, like I should talk when I whiffed a tiger uppercut on wake up
    myself. I'm starting to doubt my first assessment, I do not know if you should stay up close or just
    far enough where I whiff a st.lk because it is starting to look like you can punish whiffed normals
    pretty easily with Fei's speed. I especially liked how you used the rekka to close distance so I
    couldn't start zoning again.

Match 5 han
    Good prediction for your ex chicken wing! I see that you are starting to punish any whiffed moves with
    Rekka. Now I have to be very cautious of what I can throw out. I thought there were a few opportunities
    where I left myself open for you to do some decent damage. You should really capitalize on this. I know
    I whiffed another tigger uppercut (hp even) so I am way in the air and with Fei's speed I should
    be eating a Rekka sequence at the very least.

Match 6
    I like your game plan in the first round. You stayed close so you could punish exposed limbs and mistakes.
    You kept the pressure on consistently from a good distance. I think you could've been a bit more aggressive. I noticed
    you were introducing Fei's overhead into your style. Even though you didn't hit me with it often
    just stating that you weren't afraid to catch me blocking low threw me off guard a bit. It comes out so
    quick!
    illwill1979
    illwill1979

x_rock_lee vs pph_han Empty Re: x_rock_lee vs pph_han

Post  illwill1979 Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:50 am

FEEDBACK FROM ROCKLEE:

Score: 1 - 4 for pph_han

Pros: Patience ; Nice zoning game; Throwing FADC cancel move to throw was great got me every time.

Cons: Vulnerable to crossups; needs to mix it up keep pressure on, watch for pokes multiple times.

pph_han I messed up some of the recordings my camera was f@##ing up

Match 1 : Rocked me pretty good, very consistent in his execution.

Match 2 : I pressured pretty hard, kept him thinking, I find this match up hard to press as Fei Long

Opps we still have one more match to play.
    Match 3 : again hard to get in on him and consistanly hitting me with jabs and tigers, then tiger knees I had no answer for that.

Match 4 : again tried to press a bit kept getting hammered with jab tigers or knees he had great defense. I think I was getting impatient but I can't sit back with fei. what to do what to do.

Match 5 : went back and forth but he outlasted me pph_han I think you did better when you pressed the action a bit I guess its all in what character you are fighting.

I look forward to sparring with you bud I will get the video up on my YouTube as soon as I can, I only got a couple of the matches we had.
    x_Rock_Lee_x
    x_Rock_Lee_x

Post  x_Rock_Lee_x Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:32 pm

hmmm I don't know aggressive patience, kind of an oxymoron I know when I watch the tapes I will cringe at some of my moves. But your patience was very good, I couldn't bait you into much, good on you for sure its a good quality to have.

The last match we played I practiced my rekka's cause I have a new Hori stick every thing is great but my rekkakens don't work. I need to refine my timing with it until then I am a gimped Fei. I look forward to sparring with you again pph_han for sure I will take a nap before we fight Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:53 am