SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

TwinSnak3s vs Nemesys_syndrome

TwinSnak3s

TwinSnak3s vs Nemesys_syndrome Empty TwinSnak3s vs Nemesys_syndrome

Post  TwinSnak3s Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:54 pm

This is some feedback on the second round matchup between Nemesys_syndrome and myself.

Score : 5 - 3 (I won)

Pros : Your execution was very good, all the FADC's came out, and there were very few missed rekka's. You did a great job sustaining pressure and mixing up with rekkas and chicken wings. Your sonic booms were on point with Guile ( as in the ability to follow them up and change speeds depending on the situation. You took walldives out of the game by FA'ing them on reaction and punishing which I thought was good, ecspecially with somebody like Fei Long.

Cons: You rekka'd when I had a down/back charge with Blanka, which often gave me a free ultra or hori ball. I read a little about the Fei and Guile matchups and learnt that J.HK of both Blanka and Vega can beat normal flash kicks and flame kicks, which often led to a free bnb. You didn't throw or tech once, ecspecially with Guole who has a killer air throw. WTF were you using the tenshin grab for =p ? Reversal flame kicks get predictable and against better opposition they'll punish it much more harshly than I did. And lastly, your error in the last match was underestimating Vega. As Ghengis Khan said, never assume the person you are dealing with is less important than you.

GG's man.[center][left]
    Nemesys_Syndrome

TwinSnak3s vs Nemesys_syndrome Empty Re: TwinSnak3s vs Nemesys_syndrome

Post  Nemesys_Syndrome Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:08 pm

Really good matches.

As far as what I was using the Tenshin for..? Tenshin is an awesome mind game setup for Fei. Tenshin setups are considered advanced Fei strategies which are still being exploited for better usage. As far as our gameplay was concerned, the motion for the Tenshin is somewhat awkward. The motion for Tenshin is hcb so when I tried to dash > rekka from a block position, there are times when the Tenshin will pop out instead. (Dang shortcuts).

The final match with Vega was....basically due to the fact that you conditioned me to fight against Vega in a certain style. I knew all the punishers for Vega but couldn't react at all. (think my age is getting the best of me. I am over 40 years old. lol). But when you changed up the strats altogether, it threw me off completely.

I can't understand why I couldn't punish Blanka's horizontal balls at all even though I knew what the punishers were. Dash > lp rekka > HP Rekkas. My reactions were plain simply not fast enough to respond off of block.

Properly placing Focus attacks are something I've been seriously neglecting in my game and am trying to incorporate more and more.

On your gameplay, I have yet to even advise anything that you did which I was able to exploit.

Otherwise, great games and thanks!

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:15 am