SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

Mykooo vs. Kageski

Mykooo

Mykooo vs. Kageski Empty Mykooo vs. Kageski

Post  Mykooo Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:05 am

5-3 Mykooo

Pros: great zoning, good at applying pressure after knockdown

Cons: missed a few combos here and there (but not too much to worry over), difficulty getting out of corner

Summary:

Overall very solid play. The first three rounds you absolutely killed me and then I started to figure out your dhalsim from then on. We talked after the match, and it seems I won due to you not knowing the matchup very well. Bison has a good set of tricks that you will eventually know once u get more matches in. Scissor kick loops, stomps, and empty devil reverse throws can all be countered.

I found that once I had you in the corner you had a lot of trouble getting out. I don't know much about dhalsim but it seems he has very limited ways of gettin out of the corner. I guess you just have to be patient and just sit and block/option select throw until you think its safe to jump out/slide/tele or whatever. I remember one round where literally EVERYTHING i threw at you in the corner hit you which led to a stun.

Good stuff overall. I hope we will play again very soon =)
    Kageski

Mykooo vs. Kageski Empty Re: Mykooo vs. Kageski

Post  Kageski Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:23 am

Like Mykoo said first 3 rounds I defeated him. But each win wasn't really satisfying to me since I had no idea what I was doing lol. I think I just got lucky first 3 matches because Mykoo was still trying to figure me out. After the 3rd match you switched your playstyle completely and I just couldn't figure out where Bison's openings were.

I tried zoning you but that didn't work since scissor kick just trampled my arm pokes. When I threw a fireball you were up in the air and on me before I could even recover from the fireball. I had alot of trouble just recognizing whether your up close jump was just a jump or a stomp haha. It got to a point where I stopped AAing completely at times.

My corner game...yea...that was just funny and sad. I saw your first scissor and tried to smack you on recovery but apparently it was safe on block so I learned that lesson real fast. But after that first scissor I wasn't sure on what to wait for next - I tried teleporting but I got jabbed out and ate hits. Tried to poke you back but that wasn't going so well either. Overall my lack of experience really did me in but I did try to put up a fight.

I was teleporting and crossing you up at times but you figured that an ex escape was a good bet and it worked once you realized that. Aside from that I don't think I really spotted any weaknesses you had vs. sim since I was learning myself =( sorry.

Hopefully I can play you from now on and begin to learn what Bison does etc. and what I can do to keep him away.

Thanks for the games.