SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

kageski vs. bufaro_birr

buffaro_birr
    buffaro_birr

kageski vs. bufaro_birr Empty kageski vs. bufaro_birr

Post  buffaro_birr Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:17 pm

pros: good aa, he stuffed most of my jump-ins/ cross-up attempts with mp, and hk.

cons: the only way that i was able to really damage him was trying to predict when he would throw flame and punish with a jump-in or a tatsu, and trying to predict when he would tele and trying to hit him out of it. i kinda knew he would do these moves sooner or later if i just hung back.

this matchup really pisses me off, more than any other matchup lol. kageski did a good job of making me lose patience with limb zoning. the matches were somewhat close in the beginning w/ pretty close 3rd rounds, but by like the third or fourth game i just lost composure and he totally owned me. very nice job, i hope we can play some more.
    Kageski

kageski vs. bufaro_birr Empty Re: kageski vs. bufaro_birr

Post  Kageski Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Kageski vs. Buffaro_Bir (Ryu-Pwn)

We went 5-1

Pros: Great at zoning, takes advantage of my fireball recovery by tatsuing in for damage. Caught a couple pokes with SRK. Good wake up pressure with mixups consisting of throws, crossups and other shenanigans.

Cons: Jumped in alot when he was under pressure. A lot of sims expect it once they're in the life lead and put prssure on their opponent. Got caught up in fireball wars too much and it resulted in him losing health over time from pokes. Also falls to the fireball teleport crossup wakeup shenanigans that Sim has.

The fights were pretty back and forth in the beginning since I was just gauging Buff - after I won the first 2 he got a little more focused and won match 3. I started to really zone him after that and didn't give up too many mistakes so it began to test his patience it felt like. Key to beating sim is let sim lose patience once you have the life lead and let him make mistakes. I noticed he'd start jumping in more, and stopped poking up close when we were both at a standstill. Overall though he kept me on my toes with good mixups and tricks. Upon wakeup Buff fell for the fireball > teleport bnb combo mixup - best way to handle it is to just jump up. You can get away from it completely.

I enjoyed the fights and if you ever need sim practice let me know~