SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

3 posters

mr_sloppy2nds vs. hi-teck Saint

mr_sloppy2nds

mr_sloppy2nds vs. hi-teck Saint Empty mr_sloppy2nds vs. hi-teck Saint

Post  mr_sloppy2nds Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:27 pm

5-1 in favor of mr_sloppy2nds

Guile - Ryu (sloppy) vs. Akuma (hi-tek)

Pros: Your keep away game was solid until I started to FA through your FB's. I saw 1 BnB combo. You kept on throwing me after a jump in, or when I jumped in for a combo. Really frustrating.

Cons: Not enough pressure, with risk comes reward. And...I only saw 1 BnB combo. You have to mix up your attacks more. High, low, mid-range, long range...mix em up. You caught me with the ultra when I was trying to FA you on wakeup, it was my mistake, but you still caught me. After you caught me (next couple of fights), you tried to do blind ultra me and they backfired on you.

Summary: TBH, not the best Akuma I've played. You have a lot of room to grow. Throw in more demon flips, short ones, long ones...the point is to mess with your opponent, and you didn't do that. You played the keep away game all 6 fights, and to me, that's just what I wanted. A up-in-your-face Akuma is more dangerous than a keep-away Akuma.
    Hi-Tekk

mr_sloppy2nds vs. hi-teck Saint Empty Re: mr_sloppy2nds vs. hi-teck Saint

Post  Hi-Tekk Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:05 pm

5-1 Sloppy

Pros: Good blockstrings, very aggressive. Jabbed out of most of my throw attempts. Did well with capitalizing off of my mistakes (in which there were alot).

Cons: Not too much I'd say, was aggressive with Guile and did good BnB's with Ryu also. Overall solid game.

Summary:
    Overall, your aggressive play worked out really well. I am more use to Guiles who are really defensive. It's not what I'm used to seeing. I was pretty frustrated at times because there were times where I couldn't punish jump ins (input lag maybe) and it cost me. Not too mention there were times when I had some good leads on you but really just let you come back and win. I definitely have to do a better job of adjusting my gameplan on the fly more. Also I have to do a better job with my execution also. Again good games and I look forward to seeing you again and learning that Guile match up more.
    mr_sloppy2nds

Post  mr_sloppy2nds Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:13 am

I try to use Guile as aggressive as I play with Ryu. It sure backfires sometimes, but that's the learning curve.
    Hi-Tekk

Post  Hi-Tekk Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:36 am

mr_sloppy2nds wrote:I try to use Guile as aggressive as I play with Ryu. It sure backfires sometimes, but that's the learning curve.

I got ya. Also one more thing, when you said "You kept on throwing me after a jump in, or when I jumped in for a combo. Really frustrating".

Why was that a frustrating thing and why would you consider it a pro?
    illwill1979
    illwill1979

Post  illwill1979 Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:51 pm

Throws are free knock downs. The reason *I* would list it as a pro is because it allows you the opportunity to start mixup games and wakeup shenanigans. Throws also take opponents out of their 'zone' when they are on a roll.

As such, the con for sloppy2nds is obviously to learn to tech more. Whether this be by practicing OST or just normal throw techs, it doesn't matter.
    mr_sloppy2nds

Post  mr_sloppy2nds Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:22 pm

^^^Will's response is why it's a pro.

And what Will mentions about teching more...I knew that I was asking to get thrown, especially because you kept doing it in the same scenarios that you kept catching me in.

So instead of teching, I was stubborn and wanted to get off my offense on you. It's like I refused to tech your throw, even though I felt it coming...lol

Example: When I got the knockdown a few times, I tried to cross you up and set up a small combo, or I tried to throw you. Or do a wakeup mixup.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content