SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

jneumonik vs hi_tek saint

jneumonik

jneumonik vs hi_tek saint Empty jneumonik vs hi_tek saint

Post  jneumonik Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:58 am

score: 5-3 jneumonik

pros: good spacing, good use of anti air fp, nice corner skills, nice throw mix-ups, nice wake-up mixup, good pressure on me which lead to me getting dazed twice.

cons: didn't adjust to my lk -> back lk -> throw mix up, should have seen that coming and swept, tech'd or srk'd it. Didn't use overhand enough (not sure if akuma has one not used to this matchup). Stunned me and had the round but did not finish me off.

breakdown: In the first match saint was hk sweeping too much and i was punishing it with flashkicks. Eventually saint caught on to this and didn't do it as much. This was a really close match. I was demoralized after saint landed the empty jump in into ultra. Pretty good akuma, maybe incorporate more bnb's and jump tatsu cross up.
    Hi-Tekk

jneumonik vs hi_tek saint Empty Re: jneumonik vs hi_tek saint

Post  Hi-Tekk Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:13 pm

jneumonik won 5-3

pros: Good mix-up/balance of rushdown and zoning, did well with capitalizing on mistakes, didn't self destruct when you were down in the match, made good use of your AA options, good defense (didn't make too many mistakes) and good cross-ups.

cons: can't think of too many but even though I didn't punish your lk -> back lk -> throw mix up, someone else will and you should have a back up plan (i.e. more combos in your back pocket). Sometimes I could anticipate you throwing sonic booms so you should make sure you don't throw them as much when others get close to you.

Summary: Things were pretty even between us (until you started to pull away) and you did well with adjusting to my style of play to win the set of matches. Did an overall good job with having a balanced Guile.

P.S. When you said that I need to do more BnB's, do you mean different types or more of what I showed in our match?

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:44 pm