SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

mls227 vs. turkeylasagna

mls227

mls227 vs. turkeylasagna Empty mls227 vs. turkeylasagna

Post  mls227 Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:01 pm

score: 5-3 turkey

pros: your viper had good mix-ups and good execution. the crossup flame kick was very difficult to get away from at times.

cons: judging distance on your seismos, getting flame kick happy. when your kicks worked, they worked very well, but in the first few matches they seemed really random.

breakdown:

ryu/viper: no switching up here. all matches with these characters. you adapted well and had some clutch moments with your ultra. as i said earlier, when you got in rhythm with the flame kicks, they were also effective. i tried to mix it up with different colors for my outfit, but it did not work. back to the lab for me.

ggs

disclaimer: any information here is from my skewed perspective and may not be accurate. you've been warned
    turkeylasagna

mls227 vs. turkeylasagna Empty Re: mls227 vs. turkeylasagna

Post  turkeylasagna Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Good match. After a knockdown you mixed it up well with the throws / dp. Use the dragon punch -> Ultra I don't think you did that even once during the entire match. I know I jump a lot too so I feel like that's pretty important.

I feel like you should've poked me more with the low forward and kept more pressure on with jabs. You were pretty successful with the crossing up. The viper match is all about momentum once she gets it going it's hard to stop but if you slow it down and keep her grounded she's fairly weak. Use focus dash as another tool to escape cross up flame kicks along with the low forward kick.

ggs
    probably would've been a better match with a better connection since you'd be able to tech all the throws etc.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:35 am