SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

Tourney Seeding Suggestion

Shin_Arnoldo

Tourney Seeding Suggestion Empty Tourney Seeding Suggestion

Post  Shin_Arnoldo Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:04 pm

New Tourney Seeding suggestion.

Hi guys,

I have an idea regarding how we do the tourney placing or match setups (like who vs who).

I was informed by Nemesys that everything is done in random which is good but this also makes it possible that we have all the good players having to face each other off like in the very beginning.

for instance (this is an example, i'm not saying the rest are not good) :

El vs Myka
    Luffy vs Kliquey

the winner of El vs Myka gets to play winner of Luffy vs Kliquey on the second round.

if this happens then 3 of the best players are already in losers bracket leaving only 1 in winners bracket and it will reduce the quality of competition on the winners bracket.

of course if this happen then other players have the chance to advance higher but we play tourney not just to win but to get better, and to get better like most people say is that you have to play better or good players

and i don't really agree with someone forfeiting a match because they know that they can't win cause we don't get to play or at least try something that we try to do to beat the opponent. at least we are learning something this way.

now my suggestion is we create a seeding/pool so the best players in our training team didn't have to face each other. if we have a look at the brackets http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=334717&tclass=
    say from left top no 1 then 2 is underneath and 3, 4 and so on we will see it is divided into 4 division with 8 players each (1 to 8, 9 to 16, 17 to 24, 25 to 32)

so we create top 4 seeding into each division so that top 4 seeding will not face each other.

we will also create 2nd seeding which will be scattered the same way like top seedings, then the rest will be randomized.

this is to bring better competition giving others a chance to excel.

now regarding on how to seed, we can do a pool once we have 32 participants. winners and runners up of previous tourney will be on top seeding for the next tourney

so what do you think guys?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:08 pm