SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

SolidAzn vs Rsnake91

SolidAzn

SolidAzn vs Rsnake91 Empty SolidAzn vs Rsnake91

Post  SolidAzn Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:10 am

Score: 5-3 in favor of SolidAzn

Pros: You played a good offensive Ryu when I was playing Akuma. You caught onto the fireball shenanigans quickly and switched to offense and did a fairly good job of cornering and putting the pressure on. It was also pretty difficult to get an opening and you rarely got hit by my BnB. Also, your hit confirm dp combos are well executed.

Cons: You need to work on zoning a bit more when you're trying to catch others in a fireball war. When I changed to Ken, you opted for a more defensive (Daigo-like) approach, but I believe that you have to watch the spacing between you and your opponent more carefully, as often you would throw fireballs in my jumpin range. If you could just watch that, it'd be much more difficult for me to get in. Also I believe you should play more footsies, as when I was in poke range, I found that you would often jumpin or just block my pokes rather than counterpoking. In addition, focus cancelling your dps would help; I noticed that if I blocked your shoryuken, you would just let it go even if you had meter, allowing me to do some big damage afterwards.

So in the end, I believe you just need some work on spacing, work on your footsie game, and cancelling should be easy to pickup. I personally find that backdashing helps a lot when playing ryu, it gains distance and the invincibility frames on it are nice.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:37 am