SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

4 posters

illwill1979 vs. Rsnake91

illwill1979
    illwill1979

illwill1979 vs. Rsnake91 Empty illwill1979 vs. Rsnake91

Post  illwill1979 Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:14 pm

Score: 5-1 illwill1979

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWQJ3Ebjz0I Part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSuuKSvJDY8 Part 2

Pros: solid bnbs; execution on lp > ultra and dp fadc ultra was good

Cons: Very vulnerable to crossups; Did not do many crossups of your own; somewhat predictable on dp

Breakdown: Our first two matches were my Ken vs your Ryu. You did a great job early on of zoning me. I decided to go for a more rush down approach and get you twisted with crossups. This worked for a while then you started to catch on. At this point I slowed the game down and made you come to me and punished your mistakes. I notice you didn't really use much of Ryu's tatsu at all. Ryu is actually a quicker char than Ken when it comes to his moveset. You should have taken advantage of this. Several times I noticed you coud have punished me after I jumped a FB with a DP. I was surprised when you didn't. In the Rog vs Ryu match you crushed my Rog; there's not much for me to report here as you really crushed my Rog. I need to get better with him.

In our Sagat vs Ryu match, you started off pretty strong. You kept me on the defensive causing me to make several mistakes. 2nd and 3rd round were different, however, as I brought it to you pretty hard. It seems that when you get pressured you start playing very passively, allowing for blockstring/chip dmg and second guesses on your own moves, giving me the opportunity to do some real dmg. I woud suggest baiting Sagat into optimal situations for yourself. He has many anti air and anti FA tools, so try and stay on the ground for the most part and try not to FA too much, unless you feel you have a good grasp on when to use it.

In our Gief vs Ryu match you would get the early lead on me, and then lower the pressure. It seemed as though you were trying to wait for me to mess up to punish. This, however, allowed me to really put some pressure on you and come out with some big dmg. You need to really be watching for the ultra when gief has it. GTFO whenever you are too close. Otherwise it seemed that you had the right gameplan overall in regards to dmgin gief, and avoiding his dmg.

Last edited by illwill1979 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    shin_ryu-vertoxz
    shin_ryu-vertoxz

illwill1979 vs. Rsnake91 Empty Re: illwill1979 vs. Rsnake91

Post  shin_ryu-vertoxz Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:20 pm

Hmmm you both played pretty well.
    Rsnake, you have to learn spacing better when throwing fireballs, especially with EX Tatsumaki happy illwill over here Very Happy.

Sometimes it just looked like you would throw a fireball no matter how close he was to you, but spacing is learned with experience of matchups and just overall experience with a character (Ryu in your case).

You seemed to react fast enough to AA with lp srk into ultra that we all know and love.

Bottom line is just work on your spacing some more and maybe some links too.
    Rsnake91

Post  Rsnake91 Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 am

i was not at my best when i played due to being at a tournament for a whole day before and i wasn't really in the mood to play so i just played nonchalant pretty much, and my mind wasn't at the at the best of state, id agree with my zoning and spacing, thats been next on my list my of things to work, and when it comes to my links. thats probably the only link you will see me do for online. cuz of lag issues and timing with online. i do give Wills ken credit, he is not a fierce punch srk spamming like most do online mostly lol. his geif was really different, i wasn't really prepared for that at all, and it doesn't help when mom interference the whole match.
    Apollo

Post  Apollo Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:19 pm

you almost have that one bnb down ill. cr.jab cr.jab s.jab cr.forward you just gotta work that ex tatsu in there instead of FB. its pretty easy to FA the fireball when you get to that distance. actually it might even be possible to jump over it on occasion. fun game to watch.
    Rsnake91

Post  Rsnake91 Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:53 am

if linked properly they cant FA it at all while still being block stun. like i stated in my previous post. i wasnt at my best execution and mind set mainly cuz of a tournament the day before.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:16 pm