SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

vannuge (ken) vs ThuggyMcBattle (rose)

vannuge

vannuge (ken) vs ThuggyMcBattle (rose) Empty vannuge (ken) vs ThuggyMcBattle (rose)

Post  vannuge Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:35 pm

5-1 vannuge

pros: you knew how to avoid cross ups pretty well. Although, I'm going to eventually figure out how to counter that. you could also zone okay and tech.

cons: you let me jump in too much. also, i dont know if backdashing on wake up will work for long versus cross ups. I'm just not reflexing myself to tatsu or something when I sense it. also, i dont know if it'd work as well when I use a different jump in attack. Try to get that ultra in whenever i jump in. the last attack I did was risky and i thought you'd punish me for it. Also, I saw that you did a few links but didn't finish it with a special. i'm pretty sure you can finish some of them with the soul spiral.

summary: i'd say learn how to apply pressure and keep me off guard, but that's only one way to play rose. the only frustrating thing was your backdashing, and it's because I know I can counter it but was in the process of experimenting to find out. you managed to cross me up a few times. i'd encourage more of it when i'm getting up.
    Fiveways

vannuge (ken) vs ThuggyMcBattle (rose) Empty Re: vannuge (ken) vs ThuggyMcBattle (rose)

Post  Fiveways Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Score: 5-1

Pros: Good use of throws an air tatsu

Cons: Could've punished better in certain situations

Breakdown: You did a good job reminding me of how much priority the srk has, lol. I was able to capitalize off a few of your mistakes but I shouldve punished better. I'm still learning rose but now I think I definitely have a better understanding of the ken matchup now. You played solid throughout and your throws were really well timed. GGs

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:32 am