SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

StrifeBurn Vs Suupa_Saki

Suupa_Saki

StrifeBurn Vs Suupa_Saki Empty StrifeBurn Vs Suupa_Saki

Post  Suupa_Saki Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:43 am

Score: 5-3 Suupa_Saki

Pros: GREAT adaptation to techniques and strategies. You were able to punish errors, and develop workarounds for the exploitation of my flaws. Commendable. Good timing and execution of c.mk pokes, and anti-airs.

Cons: You played extremely safe, which is understandable, but is also predictable. Not enough block strings incorporated in your game play, and mix-up games weren't used enough. I'm not too sure about regular hurricane vs EX hurricane in mix-up situations, but I expected both times you would grab afterward instead of dragon (since it's the safest route).

Breakdown:

Chun v Ken

The first two games you didn't really do much to keep Chun out. I was able to get in and bait some moves in order to capitalize off of her c.lk, c.lp, c.lk, ex-legs BnBs. You fell victim to the S.FP poke a few times after the lp or mp fireball, but overall you did a good job of figuring the match out quick. Afterward in the third match, I felt you really started to see what it was I was doing, so I needed to make a switch.

Rog v Ken

This match seemed more common to you as you immediately began to abuse my mistakes. You did get in some good hits with the crossover EX Hurricane a few times that I failed to punish (however by the last two fights that move became obsolete), and you did a good job of using the meaty C.MK. I saw a few S.MK's but not really any Kara Throw setups, so I didn't fear that. There were a FEW random DPs that I ended up punishing; and a few mistakes that I missed (TAP bait Headbutt Ultra at one particular time cost me a match). Overall you have a good Ken! I didn't see any block strings to keep me on my toes, so I was able to work around you there. I didn't see ANY EX-tatsu combos, (possibly 1) that would typically lead up to a throw setup, or dragon - but again, you seemed to be playing really safe. Good luck in your future battles!

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:32 am