SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

DarthPaul Vs StrifeBurn

DarthPaul

DarthPaul Vs StrifeBurn Empty DarthPaul Vs StrifeBurn

Post  DarthPaul Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:38 am

Last night was a bit of a mad match.I rushed like mad as I wanted to go to bed,and you didn't punish me for anything. You have a few major holes in your game, so I'm just going to talk about them

1) You allowed me to jump. After a while, I didnt even care if my jumps were safe as you never tried to AA. either hit an SRK, or, easier, just use c.fp

2) cross-up's : Try to find the exact point at which an opp' crosses you up. Draw a line from the centre o Ken upwards - thec ross-up will happen there. Use this to know whch direction to block in.

3) Fireball. Ken's FBs might not be the nest, but theyre not THAT bad. There's no reason you cant chill and throw FBs, absorb others and build metre. This is hard against Gat, but against Ryu is easy. Dont rush in with FAs and attack. You allowed me to take1/3 of your energy without even doing anyhing.

4) Attack. I dont actually remember you attacking me that much. Obviously you have to look for the spot (one I can think of is that I threw FBs from too close to you. You could have jumped-in safely).

5) You didnt use Ken's f.mk. One of the best pokes in the game. If all else fails, chuck a few of those out there.

6) TATSU!!! Ken's best move. Just cross it up into ultra.

7) THE BIGGEST PROBLEM. You charge towards me at the beginning of a round THEN.... do nothing?! Why would you do that? If you charge-in youre putting pressure on me. use that pressure to get momentum. Just start a block string or something, go for a throw...do SOMETHING, and mix that something up everytime.
    Apollo

DarthPaul Vs StrifeBurn Empty Re: DarthPaul Vs StrifeBurn

Post  Apollo Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:23 am

lol i think we might have to rematch for me to give any decent feedbacks. actually to get any aswell, i kindof was in the same boat as you, i wanted you to go to sleep. so i wont give you any feedback till we play again, considering i would bet money thats not how you play regularly.

i think the major thing was i froze up. i didnt know how to deal with someone CONSTANTLY doing a move. its easy to see you understand ryu pretty thoroughly, and even though you were being hella crazy i didnt see you wiff ex tatsu's so you have good hitconfirming. also you did a shitton of random lp shoryu's which i doubt is a normalcy. ya, really not a good match for either of us to learn from Razz

gg's hope to play you soon

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:42 pm