SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

illwill1979 vs. elvisNGO

illwill1979
    illwill1979

illwill1979 vs. elvisNGO Empty illwill1979 vs. elvisNGO

Post  illwill1979 Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:33 pm

5-1 illwill1979

Pros: Your blockstrings and combos were pretty solid. Didn't abuse headbutt too much. Did a decent job of teching throws.

Cons: Your HB to Ultra combos were hit and miss; I think you whiffed it more than you connected. Not much variation to your dashes, for instance, you never used the dash over head.

Summary:
    I normally don't do too bad vs rog's so I came in very confident. I'm not sure what your exposure level is to shotos, but you seemd to play very defensively. For me personally, this is lovely, as I tend to pick apart defensive players. I think if you put more pressure on me you could have caused me to make more mistakes, resulting in more dmg for you. Your basic bnbs were good, but you seemed to have some trouble connecting the head butt to ultra. I think you whiffed it 3 times but landed it once or twice. You also seemed to fall victim to my j.lk shenanigans. I'd recommend doing some crossup defense training. That and remember that your c.fp is pretty nice as an AA. Don't rely on HB as your only AA.

Overall it seemed that you just needed more exposure to the matchup and the little things like my crossups. Also, work on getting your HB to ultra down 100%. You should be whiffing that very rarely. I enjoyed playing your Rog and I think with some extra practice you will be very formidable.
    sharkkk

illwill1979 vs. elvisNGO Empty Re: illwill1979 vs. elvisNGO

Post  sharkkk Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 pm

5-1 illwill1979

Pros: Good blockstrings, very aggressive. Jabbed out of most of my throw attempts.

Cons: Not much that I can say, a few times you missed punishes (I reember specifically, I missed an HB and you just gave me an HK), but overall solid game.

Summary:
    Overall, your aggressive play won it for you. It's not what I'm used to seeing. A lot of Ken's moves come out quickly and you're able to recover well. One thing I did notice is that you didn't DP me as much as I thought you would when I jumped in with HK. Maybe it's the angle that Rog comes in at, but I was sure you were gonna take me out of the air with an AA rather than focus some of them.

For the most part, a lot of what you've said, I already take note of during the game. My HB to Ultra usually comes out fine, but I guess mentally I wasn't in it until late. In terms of dash variation, I tried overhead a few times with EX, but a straight came out. I recently moved to joystick from pad, so movement and execution is still a bit stiff for me. I also have to get cr.HP on reaction, a lot of the time you landed a counter hit because I would press it too late. Cross ups are something I've always had trouble with and I'll need to work on.

I look forward to playing with you again and learning more!

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:34 am