SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

IllWill79 VS DarthPaul

DarthPaul

IllWill79 VS DarthPaul Empty IllWill79 VS DarthPaul

Post  DarthPaul Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:00 pm

First thing to say... youve improved a LOT. Here's my list of pointers

1) dont get TOO desperate to get in. You ate a shit load of FBs. You obviously have to get in, but try to work in slowly, rather than just FAing all my FBs - thats very risky.

2) ultra. You didnt use it AT ALL. You had a load of combos, mostly jab combos, that you could have tacked a SRK onto, FADC,juggle mp SRK, ultra. Or just EX air tatsu into ultra. Also, its excellent for getting people in the corner (as is the backwards throw)/

3) You were really smart with your FADCs this time, and I didnt see that last time we played, so keep it in.

4) I dont know much about Ken's combos,but surely you could change those jabs into something more damagin.

5) When you do the lp SRK reversals, it might be worth doing another one after. I always get caught trying to punished Ken's whiffed lp SRKs online.

6) You were obviously trying to close me down, but when you did, I escaped easily. Try to incorporate more neutral jumps to beat out my air-tatsus, that'll keep me from escaping and punish me when I do.

7) If you wanna play a first match as a warm-up, it might be best to give a heads-up before hand.

Just want to say, you really appear to have improved a lot and I'm glad to see that. In close, you were excellent,and you kept the pressure on. Just try to get-in more safely, and,once you are in, make it your priority to stay there, with neutral jumps and spacing.
    illwill1979
    illwill1979

IllWill79 VS DarthPaul Empty Re: IllWill79 VS DarthPaul

Post  illwill1979 Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:35 pm

great matches Paul.

Firstly, that is my bad about the first match. Ever since we started the tourney I've been doing connection checks; I assumed since we started it that way that we would continue to do so. It's fine though, from now on I'll be sure to call it out (though I don't know if it would have changed anything).

1) You chucked out quite a bit of FBs. I understand that this is partly paramount to Ryu's game, but I think that the overuse of FBs can hurt, especially with people that can go through them and/or use an ultra through them. Granted, you may have only been doing this since I play Ken and it's a bit harder for him to punish FB spam.

2) I didn't AA you enough, which might be the reasoning behind this, but it seemed like you jumped way more than you should. Of course you need to jump and certain times, and it's quite beneficial to do so depending on your distance from the opponent. Perhaps use more FA forward dash to get in instead of jumping as much.

3) there were several times that you either didn't finish a combo or missed a key link. As with most of us here, work on getting your combos air tight.

Outside of these, I don't really have much more feedback to give you. Your Ryu is pretty solid. I think you could get some tips/tricks from players like Beyleh and possibly Shin_Arnoldo.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:53 pm