SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

DarthPaul VS SolidSnakeMGS4

DarthPaul

DarthPaul VS SolidSnakeMGS4 Empty DarthPaul VS SolidSnakeMGS4

Post  DarthPaul Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:18 pm

well, first thing to say is that youve improved a lot. Well done.

You had good combos, but a lot of the jab links you created could have been converted into more damaging combos

You rush down and constantly apply pressure,which is good, but you need tobe more selective about when to do it. for instance, you rushed me down whenyou had a clear lead - that's unneccesary. Youre taking risks and givingme chances where, if you turtled with your lead, Id have to take risks that you could punish.

You missed quite a few FADC ultras,soyou should practice those. Also, you have good timing with c.mk. Try to learn to hit confirm the c.nk> Ex FB>FADC> ultra combo to really capitalise on those c.MKs.

In the final game, you had the lead and I had super. You didnt need to advance, but you did anyway.You jumped. As soon as you jumped you gave me the match. I got a free super and killed you.

Try to work on more of a ground game, dashing in and out, moving into and out of sweep range,this can force the opp' to miss and give you an oppurtunity to punish.

Dont throw full screen EX FBs, thats just a waste of meter. The only reason to use an EX FB is to get a knockdown, and you should never do it from full screen. This was on of the difference makers in the match, IMO. I think I used my meter more sensibly than you did, and that can make a big difference.

The main reason I won though, above all else,is because youre impatient. I knew that if I sat back and zoned you youd eventually rush forward and make a mistake. You always seem to wantto clear the entire screen in one go. Whynot just walk to mid-screeen? then I cant safely FB and you can get a good ground game going.

hope that helps,

Paul.
    s0lid_snake_mgs4

DarthPaul VS SolidSnakeMGS4 Empty Re: DarthPaul VS SolidSnakeMGS4

Post  s0lid_snake_mgs4 Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Okay thanks for the advice.

I noticed that whenever i used a fa as a aa against you, you got hit by a lot of them. I noticed from my own experience that it's better to just sit there and block unless the guy is charging for a lvl 3 fa. A lvl 2 fa won't stun you if your blocking but if you try to reverse it and u dont do it in time then you will get stunned. Sometimes you will reverse them with the srk but trust me its better to just block it, don't take the chance.

You also did a lot of tick throws I think you should do a bit less it gets kind of predictable, and if the opponent is expecting it they'll just reverse with a srk.

Well that's all I noticed for that set

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:32 am