SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

mr_sloppy2nds vs. illwill1979

mr_sloppy2nds

mr_sloppy2nds vs. illwill1979 Empty mr_sloppy2nds vs. illwill1979

Post  mr_sloppy2nds Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:45 pm

5-2 in favor of illwill1979

Ryu - Gouken - Guile (sloppy) vs. Ken (illwill)

Pros: Great crossups! Really frustrated the shit out of me. Nice mixup game effective combos. Really patient, that cost me big with Guile. I wanted to keep attacking even when I had the lead.

Cons: Needs to improve teching, missed a lot of link combos, but still caught me at the end of them cuz my reaction time was garbage for this match.

Summary: Guile is my main, I want to get him to tournament level but the crossups really frustrated the shit out of me. I remember blocking a DP, and I had full super meter, and instead of doing c.mp, FK, super...I did c.mp, FK. Really stupid mistakes on my part. So I had to switch to Ryu. Didn't help much when I switched to Ryu cuz, prior to this week, I haven't used him in about a month. In my eyes, I actually lost all of the fights, I won 2 of them cuz Will got sloppy. Other than that, I'm sure Will would have swept me. I haven't used Gouken in over a month. I missed the most basic combos with Ryu and Gouken, I didnt' punish at all when I blocked a DP or when he whiffed a move. I should have stayed with Guile, even though I was getting crossed up like crazy.

This match has made me think that I need to switch my main. I've been leaning toward Gouken, but I really like Guile. I'm just now getting used to his links, and if I drop him now, all that progress will be lost. I have officially reached a fork in the road.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:33 am