SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

Merkilo vs Schixofrenic

schixofrenic

Merkilo vs Schixofrenic Empty Merkilo vs Schixofrenic

Post  schixofrenic Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:45 am

5-1 in Merkilo's favor.

Don't know what I can tell you since you kicked my butt! All I can say is you have a wicked cross up on wake up and I don't know what else to do to get around it besides ex sbk. Backdashing didn't work so....You also had a great mix up of defense and offense. Usually I fight Ryus that are all defense or all offense and you had the right combination. The only thing was I did land an ultra through a fireball which I'm sure you know Chun's will go through. Just watch for it. You didn't make that mistake again so you were aware of it. I just caught you off guard that time. Good use of FA too when I would try to sweep you and on some hasanshu's too. Can't wait to see the videos. I think I'm gonna cry when I see how I play though! :p
    Merkilo

Merkilo vs Schixofrenic Empty Re: Merkilo vs Schixofrenic

Post  Merkilo Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:33 am

Ok so I thought you started off pretty strong in this match. Your zoning/walking back and forth had me really off guard in the first couple of matches which were all really close. I thought for the most part your zoning game is pretty good but you were at times a little predictable with your fireballs which I was countering with my own ex-fireballs. I tend to do a lot of focusing if I see Chun doing many hasanshu's or c.hk and I think while I didn't catch many hasanshu's with it, I did manage to get you quite a few times on the c.hk's which was allowing me to get a lot of damage in. I think the main thing that was killing you here though was the crossups, I know Chun doesn't have a whole lot of wake-up options so I was really abusing this. I'm not sure what to say maybe it would just be best to practice blocking the crossup and backdashing/poking after. So in short, I felt that the strong part of your game was zoning and distance play, and that the weak part of your game was when I was allowed to get up close.

As we neared the end of our matches I felt that your play was getting a bit sloppier and I didn't have to work so hard for the win. I think there is a matter of mindset that a lot of people have including myself where when you get behind you get more desperate and less careful. Personally, I just try to imagine that I'm always the one on top and you need to do the work to beat me, I find that confidence helps greatly in improving my game.

Hopefully this helps, I'll *try* to get the video up sometime tonight haha.
    schixofrenic

Post  schixofrenic Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Thanks for the input. Your right about the mindset. Towards the end I was like, frak he's up by four and I need to win 3 sets! So I got stupid. I'll cringe once you get the video up but it'll be good to watch. I'm sure there will be a lot of, wtf, what was I thinking moments, lol.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:36 pm