SRK Dedicated

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SRK Dedicated

SRK Training Team Forums

2 posters

mr_sloppy2nds vs. schixofrenic (losers bracket)

mr_sloppy2nds

mr_sloppy2nds vs. schixofrenic (losers bracket) Empty mr_sloppy2nds vs. schixofrenic (losers bracket)

Post  mr_sloppy2nds Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:55 am

5-3 in favor of schixofrenic

Guile (sloppy) vs. Chun (schixo)

Pros: Good mixup game, nice use of Chun legs (not sure what they're called), nice use of jabs and c.lk's. Caught me with 2 ultra's on wakeup, sloppy on my part, but props to you for expecting me to attack.

Cons: Really obvious use of Chuns crossup. Caught me with throws a few times, but after a while, I started catching you and teching a lot. Most of the time, not enough pressure.

Summary: Really tense matches. Shit, we even had a double KO! Chun is a tough matchup for me, I know what to expect from her and still catches me with simple shit (crossup, EX spin kick). Not the toughest Chun I've faced, cuz I won some rounds where you couldn't do anything offensevely, other rounds came down to the wire. TBH, throughout our fights, I never felt overmatched, but I wanted to rush you too much and too often and it kinda seemed you were just waiting for me to initiate. I did and you capitalized, so kudos for being patient. Overall, great games, some of the best I've had, it was a lot of fun...even though I lost. But you could do so much more with Chun. Her pressure game is intense (from other online matches) so keep at it and come up with ways to get opponents in the air and do that heel stomp she does. Also, you could have done more EX spin kicks when I jumped in.

Oh...and you had this sick ass run, where I was expecting the crossup, but you didn't and raped me in the corner. After you got the knockdown, again, I was expecting the crossup, but you did some light attacks and got me stunned...and you set me up with this nice move that tossed me in the air and connected with the ultra. That, I have to say, was pretty badass! This mauling came after I had an offensive explosion on you, so nice comeback.
    schixofrenic

mr_sloppy2nds vs. schixofrenic (losers bracket) Empty Re: mr_sloppy2nds vs. schixofrenic (losers bracket)

Post  schixofrenic Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:30 am

Pros-Good with following your sonic booms/ex canceling them. Overhead punch kept getting me. I forget that Guile has one. Nice use of flash kick to catch me from a distance when I would try to sweep or poke you. Kept beating out my air throws. Caught on to my throws and teched them.

Cons-Keep the pressure on. (lol, we both thought the other wasn't pressuring as much) You did have a couple of good rounds and if you had played like that the whole match. You would have won. Sonic boom rushdown became predictable. Cross up more. Kept sweeping you on wakeup.(I think you always wanted to sonic boom when I was at that distance) Watch hazanshu. I expect Guile's to turtle. Don't let Chun Li get you in corner. (that's the only reason I was able to juggle my ultra that one round!)

Summary-They were fun games. We had a few rounds were you would kill me and then I'd have a great round. Plus that double ko was fantastic. (even though it gave you that match, lol) Your follow sonic boom rush down/block strings would have been more effective if you had mixed it up with throws after ex canceling sonic boom and df hk I would have had a harder time. (you did start the df hk the last round though) At first I thought if I tried to keep pressure on you I could win faster but that wasn't working. So I waited for you to come to me and make a mistake and then capitalize on it. When you mixed your rushdowns with cross-ups is when you really killed me. (and honestly I think I didn't use ex sbk as much because I'm used to Guile's sonic booms during wake up to get in close) But then you stopped your cross up attempts in the later games. You caught me with your ultra (which I was amazed cause I rarely get hit with Guile's ultra) when I attempted a cross up. The only time I remember you FA was when you would dizzy me. You could of used it with her crossups or even against my kikokens. Can Guile connect his FA with ultra? If so you could have several times.
    Overall great games with some last second nail biting conclusions!
    mr_sloppy2nds

mr_sloppy2nds vs. schixofrenic (losers bracket) Empty Re: mr_sloppy2nds vs. schixofrenic (losers bracket)

Post  mr_sloppy2nds Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:01 pm

Yeah, he could connect the ultra after FA.

What's the kikoken?

I missed a lot of FA opportunities, that's for sure. On your crossups, obviously, and I forgot that he could FA when she does that air spin kick when she comes down doing the splits.

I try not to turtle with Guile, I like his rush down. But it backfires on me when the other dude is turtleing. So I try to turtle, but lose patience.
    schixofrenic

Post  schixofrenic Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:39 am

Here kikoken is her fireball.

Yeah, if you had FA more, you definitely would have won a lot more rounds. Especially after hazanshu (her over head kick were she lands in the splits). It recovers kinda slow so if you FA it, your in for some good damage.

Lol! I lose patience when the other player turtles and then it bites me in the ass and I get beat. So maybe you should be a little more patient if the other character starts making mistakes. If you don't like to turtle too much, try what Nemo does. (yeah, he's a Chun Li player but what he does applies to holding your charge) He looks like sometimes he is spamming jabs but instead of turtling to hold Chun's charge he stands, shoots out 3 or 4 jabs and he can keep his charge while staying in a standing position. It looks like he's spamming it but he's not. Plus, I've found that other players see you do that and think your freaking out, so they tend to back off. Try it, might help.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:58 am